By: Omolade Adnan.
The Surulere Super Plaza formerly known as Super Cinema situated at Akerele, Surulere caught fire yesterday, 20th November, 2019. The fire incident was reported to have been caused by high voltage, which started at a particular spot in the plaza but later expanded, destroying valuable goods and properties in the plaza.
The fire destroyed properties and goods at the upper part of the building while the down part was not affected according to report provided to Leregist. It took the intervention of firemen from Lagos State Fire Service, who hauled on their hoses and went into the plaza, before the fire, which has succeeded in destroying properties and goods to a large extent, could be extinguished. See photos below: